Saturday, January 25, 2014

WAITING.. YOUR LIFE AWAY


What are you waiting for? What are you constantly postponing or putting on hold for "someday"? One day it just hit me... I can waste every 'today' dreaming about "tomorrow". Two of my favourite preacher's Carl Lentz and Christine Caine both said something along the lines of "some people will neglect what's in their hand because they're trying to fulfill what's in their heart". In other words, you might not be able to wake up today and do everything you'd like to do but what CAN you do. 





Here are some practical ways this can play out:

For Single Ladies:  Not sitting around waiting for a man to come and sweep you off your feet and rescue you from loneliness, boredom, insecurity or whatever else. Instead, you can use your TIME:
  • Helping Others. 
  • Discovering and Developing your skills.
  • Practically preparing to be a wife (if being married is something you want). Ex. Cooking, Cleaning, Being Content, Encouraging, Submitting to God in Love etc.
**Funny Story: In 2010, when I first came to know Christ the first area that He started renewing my mind in was RELATIONSHIPS and my reasons for entering them. One day, I told God "Alright, I'm ready...I'm ready to get married!!" and I kid you not, God told me "First master laundry and then we can discuss marriage".  I was so stunned and amazed! I instantly realized that my vision of marriage was unrealistic and void of any actual work and responsibilities. 

For those with Big Dreams, Goals, and Visions its easy to fall in to the trap of "One day when I get/have_________ than I will _______". To live in light of an elusive "one day" and daily ignore what you can do today. I needed to realize that there is always something I can do now to help me get to where I believe God is leading me to. For instance, look at king David from the bible, before he was king over Israel he was a shepherd boy. When the time came to gather all of Jesse's sons to see who would be be king, David was not even considered...they left him outside to tend sheep! However, its in that season of tending sheep that David was being prepared for his future. Because he was a faithful shepherd over sheep he was able to be a faithful shepherd over Israel. Because he trusted God to help him triumph over threatening animals he was able to trust God to help him triumph over the giant Philistine! Its easy for us to study David's life and see how one season prepared him for the next, but the very same thing is true of our lives. There is work to be done in every season and if you waste your season dreaming of the next...you will be ill-prepared for that season when it comes.

"Farmers who wait for perfect weather never plant. If they watch every cloud, they never harvest" Ecclesiastes 11:4 (NLT)

The parable of the talents. Matthew 25: 14-30

"What good is it, dear brothers and sisters, if you say you have faith but don’t show it by your actions?" James 2: 14a

With Love,
Sherina Shantelle



1 comment :

  1. It's amazing what GOD can do through us if we allow him. This post is definitely for everyone. Thank you for being obedient to make this post because this will really help that "ONE" person!

    ReplyDelete