Thursday, October 18, 2018

SEX Part II

A few month's back I did a poll on Instagram to see if people wanted me to share on the subject of Sex or How to Fight for Joy! I knew when I saw Sarah Sinclair's emphatic response "SEX! SEX! SEX!" that I had to interview her for Part II of this conversation. I met this super sweet & spunky Texan in Montreal where she temporarily migrated to be an Au Pair. At the time she was both single and a self-proclaimed prude. Now she is happily married to Andrew and the mother of darling baby girl Stevie Rose. I had to interview her to hear more about how she went from prude to super passionate. So without further ado.... meet Sarah. A beautiful women with a heart of gold, 
who loves people like it's her full time job.



Because everyone loves a good love story...tell us the story of how you and Andrew got connected and became the super cute couple that you are today? 
Long story short, we went to the same church, but we only talked once before I left for Montreal. When I got back he started to pursue me. His father, actually, told him to invite me to lunch after church and after, we visited a home and then a garden show. He started holding my hand and that’s when it all started. A month or 2 went by and he asked my dad if he could date me. We were long distance for about a year and half. It was so hard. We got married and have lived in LA ever since. He’s the best thing that has ever happened to me.


 How have your thoughts on sex changed from your single and courting season to now 
being married

In my single season, I was a prude. Haha, I was afraid of even thinking about sex and intimacy. During the courting season, I had to calm myself down and tell myself not to freak out because I just got into a relationship and I was afraid. I didn’t know what to expect because it was my first serious relationship and I was taught to not go too far with a guy because there would be big consequences, and of course, what I believe; no sex before marriage. Now, my marriage season is a total different story. I wanted to have sex all the time. I understood it differently. Instead of thinking of it as a scary thing, I thought of it as a Godly thing. God did create it after all! Sex is a beautiful thing between you and your spouse. It’s needed in marriage.


 Knowing everything you know now, what would you tell single Sarah? 

I would tell my single self to CALM DOWN and not be so afraid. That I would meet the perfect man one day and it would be everything I prayed for and more.



What role did boundaries play in your relationship and how has it affected your life?
Boundaries are a good thing to have starting a relationship. While he was “courting” me I didn’t let him kiss me. Even though he wanted to and I wanted him to as well, but I wasn’t sure if we were going to be together and I wanted my first kiss to be with someone I was with, not with someone who was going to go their separate way. I wanted to make sure I was going into this with a good start.
Although not a popular choice, this decision helped us create a very healthy and loving relationship.


What's the best relationship and/or sex advice you've ever gotten that you can share? 

Always communicate, even with the small things and do “it” even when you don’t feel like it. You’ll be glad you did. Never talk bad about your spouse to your parents. You may forget about it, but they never will, and always give each other 100%. Pray for each other. Encourage each other. Communicate with your spouse, he can’t read your mind. Love and respect him. Go on dates once a week to reconnect. WE NEED IT!! Think before you act, and get clarity on what happened before you get upset ( I've made that mistake before). Lastly, always stick up for each other in public. People need to see that they can’t break you apart and that the two of you are a rock that can never be broken.


What have been the most helpful moments/conversations/advice/ or decisions you made/heard concerning your sexuality.

I am me and no one else. I can only be the best me. I am loved for who I am. I am a woman. A strong and powerful woman...who needs a man, to be honest. I was very good at being single, but I desired being a wife, a help meet, and to take care of someone other than myself. To comfort my spouse when he needed it most. I made the best decision marrying my Andrew.


Feel free to take a sec to encourage women who are single, engaged and/or married right now.

It’s OK to be single. It’s a great season to be in. You don’t have to answer to anyone (besides your parents, need be) you can spend more time doing what you love and your passions. Have fun and be patient. He (or she) is out there!

Being engaged is the best time. You get to work together and learn more about each other in stressful situations...like planning a wedding and dealing with in-laws. A stepping stone into marriage. Whether it be a long or short engagement, you’ll get to marriage soon enough. Be patient and have fun dating each other.

Marriage is SO MUCH FUN! I don’t know why people don’t do it. You get to spend the rest of your life with someone you love. Your number one fan. Your side kick. On the other hand, marriage can be really hard sometimes too. Stick together and everything will work out. Being selfless is key.


Well there you have it folks! Hope you enjoyed a few of those golden nuggets from Sarah. I've got so much love for this girl and our stories are quite different. I wanted you to hear from a different perspective and get a little bit of insight in to the married life. 
Let me know your favourite part down below.


 




No comments :

Post a Comment