Friday, September 19, 2014

Being Present & Stepping Out

Hello Beautiful people!

 There is so much I want to say about what I've been learning in and out of the 'classroom'. The decision to come to Australia is definitely one of the best decisions I have ever made...then again coming here wasn't exactly my idea. Here's what I'm learning and being challenged with in a nutshell:

  Being Present

Being fully present wherever I am. Not worrying about tomorrow, not being so focus on the "next thing" that I completely miss the now. There is so much joy and thanksgiving that comes out of being fully engaged in the moment.





I made this cute little rock at 'Shine Woman' to remind myself to enjoy each day and to truly treat it as a gift.


Things to Try:

- Turning the cellphone off for 1 hour everyday
-Walking Barefoot
-Going for a walk and taking in your surroundings
-Taking a break from all social media
-Painting, Dancing, Singing (even if you're not good at any of it).

*seriously, why don't you try one! It so much better when you actually DO something rather than just agree in your mind :) .


 Stepping Out


Stepping out of my comfort zone is quickly becoming a new 'norm' for me. There's a lot of talk in this season at Hillsong about stepping out of the boat collectively and individually. One thing I truly appreciate about being here is complacency and playing it safe; is not an option. Since day one I've been challenged. I'm challenged to move things from my head to my hands...to move from ideas to action.

Is there something that you want to do but keep pushing to the future? What can you do today that will move you one step closer in that direction?

Enemies to Stepping Out

-Fear of failure and Fear of succeeding
-Comparison
-Distractions
-Laziness

What Keeps you from going after the things that you actually want to do? Or feel called to?

Once I pushed passed fear and realized what it almost kept me from...fear in a strange way became like a friend. I remember reading this awesome analogy about how a smart bird sees a scarecrow and is no longer afraid because it becomes an indicator of where the good crops are!  The enemy uses this method too he will try to plant seeds of 'fear, doubt and worry' to keep you away from the promises of God. I have to make a daily decision to not bow down to fear but to walk by faith. Its NOT easy...but its so rewarding! The more I step out, the more I am able to see the faithfulness of God and then the easier it is to step out again (it's a really awesome cycle!)

Anywhoo My loves,
BE ENCOURAGED!

Don't Miss Today & Take A Step!


Darling Harbour (Sydney, Australia)



No comments :

Post a Comment